On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 7:06 PM, Michel Catudal <mcatu...@comcast.net> wrote:

> The language toward us is not much nicer. There is some arrogance from the
> other side of the issue.
> We've been fighting this for years. It is a lie to say that it cannot
> install on a partition. What makes it not install is the installer that
> refuses to install it.
> One one install I was able to do this (with Fedora) by passing an argument
> to force it to install on the partition.
>
> As another gentoo user says so well, it is them wanting to be the only
> bootloader, so Microsoft.
>
> We want to be free from Microsoft, not just replace a dictator with another
> one.
>
> You may love it but there are many of us who hate it with a passion.
>
> The bottom line is that we have to use grub 1 or lilo until grub 2 is fixed
> or forked by someone who is interested to fix it.

Whether it's a lie or not, the fact is that it isn't something that
the grub developers want to deal with.

The ext4 developer called the grub2 developers paranoid and
emotionally insecure a few years ago when this was brought to him but
no one can force them to re-add to grub2 what they consider a
misfeature of grub1.