On Wed, 2 Sep 2015 14:19:24 -0300
Francisco Ares wrote -
> --089e013a029e929a39051ec6e045
>
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for such WAY out of topic message, but Gentoo users are also way out
> of regular computer users.
>
> I intend to learn more deep details about networking intrinsics, (packets,
> ports, negotiation, UDP, multicast, unicast, TCP, ethernet, DHCP,
> protocols, and so on) so I decided to recur to this list.  Googling the
> terms, just gets me to network administration and equipment interconnection.
>
> Any hints on web resources for this research?

W. Richard Stevens wrote *the* books on internet protocols back in the days
when the world was young.  He died in 1999, so they are a bit dated, but most
are available online as free pdfs. They are voluminous.

Try google searchs
  "Richard Stevens" tcp
  and "Richard Stevens" unix network programming
for links.
Dave F