150905 the...@sys-concept.com wrote:
> I'm confused sometimes as to these slot conflicts, eg. I'm getting:
>
> !!! Multiple package instances within a single package slot have been pulled
> !!! into the dependency graph, resulting in a slot conflict:
>
> xfce-base/libxfce4util:0
>
>   (xfce-base/libxfce4util-4.10.1:0/0::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
>     <xfce-base/libxfce4util-4.11 required by
> (xfce-base/libxfcegui4-4.10.0:0/0::gentoo, installed)
>     ^                       ^^^^
>
>   (xfce-base/libxfce4util-4.12.1:0/7::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
> pulled in by
>     >=xfce-base/libxfce4util-4.12:= required by
> (xfce-base/libxfce4ui-4.12.1-r2:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
>
> How do I go about unmerging/selecting one of them?

I would try unmerging  libxfce4util libxfcegui .

Problems in Gentoo are usually  1 level  deep :
the skill is in identifying just where in the garden to dig (smile).

However, like other users, I am becoming irritated
by the opacity of Portage conflict messages.
Really, can't our valued + respected devs do better in this area ?

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca