Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> writes:

> On Saturday 05 Sep 2015 22:40:09 Fernando Rodriguez wrote:
>>
>> Since it lets you open the exception dialog but just hangs when downloading
>> the certificate I wonder if it has something to do with your OCSP settings.
>> Check that they match mine:
>>
>> security.OCSP.GET.enabled false
>> security.OCSP.enabled 1
>> security.OCSP.require false
>>
>> everything else is true.
>
> Some reports mention a couple of workarounds which may solve this problem:
>
> 1. Remove your certificate from *any* tabs that may have been saved in.
> Check
> that it is no longer stored in any tab.
>
> Then try to reload it in the Authorities tab and see if it will allow you to
> set up an exception.
>
> 2. I think you mentioned that you tried a fresh profile, but just in case:
> Make a back up of your Mozilla Profile.  Go to Help/Troubleshooting and
> select
> Refresh Firefox (or the equivalent for the SeaMonkey GUI).

I moved ~/.mozilla out of the way, imported the certificate under
authorities, gave it all trust, and I'm getting exactly the same as
before when trying to connect:  The dialog to add an exception comes up,
with the buttons to add one disabled, and clicking on "Get Certificate"
does nothing.

--
Again we must be afraid of speaking of daemons for fear that daemons
might swallow us.  Finally, this fear has become reasonable.