Fernando Rodriguez <frodriguez.developer <at> outlook.com> writes:

> > > Do you know of any plans to enable offloading on the gentoo toolchain?

> > > I was able to build the offloading compiler using crossdev with a few
hacks

> The link was for the emulator ebuild[1]. I got distracted with other
> stuff and didn't make the host compiler, will do it this week.

I've been noodling around with DAGs, Tup, CheckInstall and Ninja. for this
sort of build effort, but nothing is solid (yet). I really want a flexible
DAG mechanism for building thing outside of gentoo proper devmanual, for
quick code testing and hacking.

Besides, I'm not sure you have to. Look there is an overlay for gcc-5 &
gcc-6:: [1]    Down the page a bit::

gcc-5.2.0
multislot regression-test vanilla altivec debug nopie nossp doc gcj awt
hardened multilib objc objc-gc libssp objc++ fixed-point go graphite cilk
+nls +nptl +cxx +fortran +openmp +sanitize

> I built the offloading  (accel) compiler as follows:

Sorry about pruning the message:: gmane is a picky_pain some times
about length of post vs length of reply. Those instructions  you
posted are keenly appreciated, as well as the other info. Give me
some time to digest/test/regress/obsess on all of this information
and let's start a new thread.

THANKS!
James

[1] http://gpo.zugaina.org/sys-devel/gcc