Hi,

I have recently emerged Apache-2.0.54.  Unencrypted connection on port
80 works fine.  Then I tried to configure port 443.  I added a virtual
host in /etc/apache2/conf/vhosts/vhosts.conf which contains statement
"SSLEngine on".   I started to get the following:

> /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
 * Apache2 has detected a syntax error in your configuration files:
Syntax error on line 59 of /usr/lib/apache2/conf/vhosts/vhosts.conf:
Invalid command 'SSLEngine', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a
module not  included in the server configuration

Then I noticed that /etc/apache2/conf/apache2.conf never mentions
mod_ssl.so in any LoadModule statements.  Besides, mod_ssl.so file
does not exist in /usr/lib/apache2/modules.

It seems that SSL support should have been compiled with Apache:

> emerge -vp apache

Calculating dependencies ...done!
[ebuild   R   ] net-www/apache-2.0.54-r9  +berkdb -doc +gdbm +ipv6
-ldap (-selinux) +ssl -static -threads 0 kB

Total size of downloads: 0 kB

What should I do to get mod_ssl.so in modules directory?
This is my first attempt to configure Apache with SSL, so, I may be
missing something basic.  Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Arkady.