Hello, Thelma.

On Sat, Dec 19, 2015 at 12:10:58PM -0700, the...@sys-concept.com wrote:
> I just upgraded one of my systems and upon boot there is no network:

> /etc/init.d/net.eth0 start
> * Mounting local filesystems ...
> mount: mount point /proc/bus/usb does not exist
> * Some local filesystem failed to start
> ERROR: localmount failed to start
> ERROR: cannot start net.eth0 as localmount would not start

> rc-status sysinit
> sysfs   [  started  ]
> dmesg   [  started  ]
> devfs  [  started  ]
> tmpfiles.dev  [  started  ]
> udev   [  started

> I can not even ssh to the system as network is not working.
> What to check next?

Have you got CONFIG_FHANDLE set in your kernel config?  This almost
tripped me up when I synched a day or two ago.  The new udev ebuild
output a message saying this was needed.  It wasn't wrong, either.

CONFIG_FHANDLE can be found in General Setup, under the prompt "open by
fhandle syscalls".

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).