I think that you can use a standard passwd command with specificaly given
passwd/shadow files

But passwd can also be edited by hand, you just need to add a new entry and a
not used uid, and the shadow file can also easily edited by hand, but you will
need to he sure that the password hash you add is correct.

There is a way to have no password but I'll remember what to put in the Shadow
file, maybe an empty entry for the password, I'm not sure, I'll take a look
when I can, but I'm sure plenty of people would know here

Good luck,
Manoël