On Wed, 10 Feb 2016 21:52:16 +0000 (UTC), James wrote:

> in my /etc/portage/package.use/000.abi  I have this
> entry::   */* -abi_x86_32

When package.use (and other package.*) is a directory, the files in it
are concatenated, in lexical order. So your entry appears right at the
start. This means it can be overridden by any of the other files.

> I still want to ensure I have no 32 bit  packages on this system.

Why? What is special about 32 bit libraries? They are dependencies like
any other, if a package needs them why try to stop portage installing
them?

--
Neil Bothwick

Never get into fights with ugly people because they have nothing to lose.