On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 08:13:58PM -0700, Wes Gray wrote:
> I have a newer version of python already.  The one revdep-rebuild is
> trying to access doesn't even exist in portage.  For example, I tried
> your suggestion:
>
> # emerge --oneshot --update python
> Calculating dependencies ...done!

> # emerge -p python
>
> These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
>
> Calculating dependencies ...done!
> [ebuild   R   ] dev-lang/python-2.3.5-r2
>
> I'm at 2.3.5-r2, so I trying to figure out why revdep-rebuild is referencing
> 2.2.3-r5.  That is my question.

IIRC, python is slotted.

Run equery list -i python, you will see 2.2.3-r5 installed. Though I
am pretty sure you won't need it (according to the ewarn in the
2.3.5-r2 ebuild, if you run portage 2.0.49 and below you will need
python 2.2, otherwise, you should be able to just run
/usr/sbin/python-updater to rebuild all python packages for the 2.3
branch and unmerge 2.2.3-r5). If you are not sure whether you can
safely upgrade to python 2.3, run emerge --oneshot
=dev-lang/python-2.2.3-r6 to update to the latest stable python 2.2.

Here, we have a charge conducting potato.
       ~Prof. Kirk T. McDonald, DeathEM, P-town PHY 304
Sortir en Pantoufles: up 48 days,  6:32