On Tuesday, March 22, 2016 09:03:30 AM Alan Grimes wrote:
> Neil Bothwick wrote:
> >> =kde-base/baloo-1.0
> >
> > Then you haven't done much manual reading in the last ten years.
>
> It's not like it's holy scripture that I just read periodically just 'cuz.

If at first you fail, you consult the manual.
If you don't, you will keep failing miserably and will never learn anything.

> >> or something, which I think it had to be at one point in time. or
> >> something to target the kde4 version and not the kde 5 version, or some
> >> other ninjitsu.
> >
> > If you had read the error message properly, you would see that is not
> > necessary as the two conflicting version of baloo are in different
> > categories. Perhaps you should put down your rant-pen for a few minutes
> > and spend the time on something constructive, like reading the Gentoo
> > handbook or man pages.
>
> Manpages are universally written in moonspeak, reading them is entirely
> nonproductive.

Some require a basic minimum knowledge-level of what you are trying to do.
Quite a few are actually quite well written.

The handbook is a different matter completely. That is quite comprehensive and
written in plain english. Have you bothered checking that?

--
Joost