Which is the main reason.... I hate to bring it up, since you're already
in the middle of the compile, but you probably should know.... which is
one of the reasons that I never 'emerge gnome' but always 'emerge
gnome-light' instead. But maybe you need Mozilla and Epiphany and
Evolution and Evolution Data Server and Sound (bloody) Juicer, in which
case, you must suffer the bloated time-consuming compile.

Oh well cant help it now.....Since this is a first Gentoo experience for me...might
as well get all of gnome installed and then mess with the system a little....can always do it all over again
(via the sensible route)........there is no  way im kidding my self that this install is going to last...
since this is not a production machine....more like my sandbox to try stuff out...

I have an Athlon XP 2200+ and 512MB ram, so not really a super-charged setup, though
naturally much faster than some of the PIIs and PIIIs I know exist
around here--

HaH!...Im doomed to suffer in that case..Mine is a PIII-750 with 256 MB RAM:-)
Thanks anyhow,

Dying to post "success with Gentoo GUI!"....

Regards,
Vikram