Hi Peter,

On 11/04/16 20:34, Peter Humphrey wrote:
> On Saturday 09 April 2016 11:12:51 Mick wrote:
>> I noticed today that Plasma 5 is now stable, which means I will soon have
>> to deal with it.
>
> I saw that too, and it cast a gloom over the rest of my day. I intend to
> stick
> with KDE-4 until some more sensible themes become available in Plasma 5, so I
> hope someone will be keeping an archive of KDE-4 somewhere, as in the earlier
> case of KDE 3 -> 4.

While both Plasma 4 and even Qt 4 are end-of-life upstream, I don't
think they're going anywhere quite yet. There's no pressing need to
remove it yet, and there's still a long way to go in terms of porting in
the Qt ecosystem in general.

When it is eventually removed, I also don't see any reason why Qt 4 and
KDE 4 can't go to the kde-sunset overlay along with 3.

Kind regards,

Michael