On 2016-05-13, Bill Kenworthy <bi...@iinet.net.au> wrote:

> I have not seen it mentioned, but did you run "fix_libtool_files.sh"
> after changing gcc versions?

You mean after I installed the binary 4.9.3 package and told
gcc-config to switch from 4.6 to 4.9.3?

No, I didn't.

According to https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Upgrading_GCC you don't need to:

   Earlier installments of GCC on Gentoo required you to run a
   specific command called fix_libtool_files.sh. Some time ago, the
   execution of this command has been integrated in the package
   deployments itself (through the toolchain eclass) so there is no
   need for users to call this themselves anymore.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! If our behavior is
                                  at               strict, we do not need fun!