On Mon, 16 May 2016 01:44:40 +0200 wabe wrote:
> lee <l...@yagibdah.de> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > is there a speech recognition software or the like which is capable to
> > listen in on a phone call in order to put on screen as text what the
> > other person is saying?
> >
> > I'd like to connect that to a softphone so that someone who suffers
> > from very bad hearing can talk to people on the phone more easily.
> > It must work for German.
> >
> > If there's a phone capable of this, I'd like to know about it.
> >
> > Surely we should be able with nowadays technology to achieve this.
>
> Maybe this is helpful for you:
>
> http://m.heise.de/developer/meldung/Google-oeffnet-seine-Spracherkennungs-API-fuer-Entwickler-3150287.html
>
> https://cloud.google.com/speech/

Sad, but there are no free software solutions available in this
area; at least I'm not aware of them completely. This is
understandable: the task is extraordinary in both manpower and
computational resources required.

And what Google offers here is not even a proprietary application,
but an access to a proprietary cloud service which is temporarily
free of charge as long as it is in alpha-testing stage.

Best regards,
Andrew Savchenko