On Tue, Jun 07, 2016 at 05:05:47PM -0500, Dale wrote

> I switched mine back when eudev was new and not even stable yet.  It was
> as simple as unmerge udev and emerge eudev.  I don't recall even doing a
> reboot, which I rarely do here anyway.

  *** WARNING *** After unmerging udev, do *NOT*, repeat *NOT*, reboot
*** UNTIL AFTER INSTALLING EUDEV *** (same applies to going the other
way).  You cannot boot Gentoo without a device manager in place.  Once
you've installed eudev, you'll get an urgent message to execute...

/etc/init.d/udev --nodeps restart

  At this point, you can safely reboot, but a restart is less of a pain.

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>