Hello,

So, from what I've read, gitlab is very popular because you can self-host
and the CI capabilities there are built in. As I look at migrating several
several old mechanical ways to manage code inhouse, gitlab does look
appealing. I do see a variety of packages in via remote overlays::

[1] "cvut" layman/cvut
[2] "dev-zero" layman/dev-zero
[3] "gitlab" layman/gitlab
[4] "maksbotan" layman/maksbotan
[5] "mrueg" layman/mrueg
[6] "rindeal" layman/rindeal
[7] "R_Overlay" layman/R_Overlay
[8] "spike" layman/spike

and dev-go/go-gitlab-client in portage.

>From the gentoo wiki, it looks like all of the dependencies are already
in portage::
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/GitLab#Prerequisites.2FDependencies

Has anyone attempted to install a self hosted gitlab  on gentoo server(s)?
A small gentoo cluster/container setup? Using a Distributed File System,
like cephfs, orangefs or other DFS?

Any experiences with gitlab are most welcome for comment, good or bad.