Hi.  I would like to know the correct way to emerge a tbz2 file where I
wanted to go back to a version which worked and I had used a .9999
package, so I could not do it in .git (let me know if there is a way to
archive, but that totally hosed my system, because the /usr/lib which is
normally a link to /usr/lib64 was replace with a directory and so I was
getting lots of libraries which could not be found although they were
there.  After discovering this and rebooting, etc. I solved the problem
by extracting to a temp directory and making sure bad things didn't
happen.  Now I can watch, but is there a correct way to do this?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici