On 2016-09-07, Simon Thelen <gentoo-u...@c-14.de> wrote:

> IMAP itself does not have a concept of "Trash", the creation of such
> a mailbox is the prerogative of the client (unless the server itself
> feels that the imap client doesn't know what it's doing and moves
> deleted emails into a different mailbox; not that I've ever seen a
> mail server do that),

Gmail's IMAP server doesn't do that exact thing, but it does have some
similar, sometimes odd-seeming, behaviors due to behind-the-curtains
stuff it does because IMAP mailboxes being mapped into Gmail labels.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I just got my PRINCE
                                  at               bumper sticker ... But now