James <wirel...@tampabay.rr.com> writes:

> Harry Putnam <reader <at> newsguy.com> writes:
>

>>   Running gentoo thru vbox as guest on a Solaris host (openindiana)
>
>> ************************
>>   XSParagraph.c: loadable library and perl binaries are mismatched
>>   (got handshake key 0x7cc0000, needed 0x7c40000)
>> ************************

[...]

> Did you run perl-updater after upgrading perl?

I actually spent time looking for something by that name... but I see
now you really meant to say perl-cleaner, and the answer is no I did not.

Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com> writes:

[...]

> re-emerge texinfo, it provides the XSParagraph libs.
>
> You could also try
>
> perl-cleaner --all

I've had a re-occurence of the same problem and wanted to tell you
even though this is an old thread that re-emerging installing texinfo
seems to have cleared things up... thank you.

I will do that perl-cleaner all  if it re-occurs.

waltd...@waltdnes.org writes:

> On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 06:46:51AM -0400, Harry Putnam wrote
>
>> Anyone know what needs to be done here?
>>
>> Are there perl pkgs that need emerging first?
>
>   Have you tried revdep-rebuild?

No didn't do that either... but see above what seems to have cleared
it up.  Probably would have been spotted by revdep-rebuild too, I guess.