Hi,

P Levine wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 5:54 PM, Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>
> wrote:
>> Anyone? After upgrading a second machine to KDE/Plasma 5, I have the same
>> behavior there. All KDE-4-based apps fail to interact with the file
>> system. Using KMail I can no longer add any attachment to an email nor
>> save an existing attachment to disk.
>>
>> Jörg Schaible wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> after the update to Plasma 5/KF5, I can no longer open (HTML) files from
>>> my local disk with Konqueror. It claims it does no longer know the file
>>> protocol. I get a similar error in Amarok when I try to apply a cover to
>>> an album from the local disk. It seems all KDE4-based application are
>>> affected.
>>>
>>> Does anybody what's causing this behavior and know how to solve it?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Jörg
>
> Try running the apps from command line, using '--nofork' and/or
> '--debug' where/if applicable.  Try to reproduce the behavior and see
> if something potentially relevant is printed out.

Nothing. No message on the console, no entry in .xsession-errors. I even
tried to compare strace output for the same call:

  konqueror /usr/shared/docs/some/file.html

One time from a user account where this call behaves correctly, once from
the account where konqueror fails to open it. Nothing obvious :-/

- Jörg