On 161016-09:33+0300, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
> On 16 October 2016 at 08:10, Miroslav Rovis
> <miro.ro...@croatiafidelis.hr> wrote:

> >> I just added 'ip link set master'
> >
> > But that's not entirely correct, although only because the:
> >
> > brctl addbr
> > brctl addif
> >
> > do not belong under "net-tools".
> >
> > You, or someone else, should make a separate table with the comparison
> > of the bridge-utils (containing brctl) and iproute2's utilitiy bridge.
> >
> > And then probably also the usermode-utilities (containing tunctl) and
> > whatever the iproute2's utilitiy is that replaces those.
>
> Hi,
>
> The non stable netirfc supports bridge via iproute2, please see [1]

I do live with a ~amd64 (for long years by now)...

> Regards,
> Alon
>
> [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Netifrc/Brctl_Migration

Thanks! I have taken notice.

I hope the:

/usr/share/doc/netifrc-0.4.0/net.example.bz2

of netifrc package has been updated, ot will soon be updated as well,
with tips for users who need lots of kind documentation like me ;-) !

I just looked it up, but it may be my lack of knowledge... I see brctl
there, but am unsure if iproute2's bridge is supported... Sorry!

(However, I've done my bridge configuration for now. More pressing
issues elsewhere I have...)

Regards!
--
Miroslav Rovis