Raffaele BELARDI wrote:
> Dale wrote:
>> Raffaele BELARDI wrote:
>>> I have three users on my ~amd64 gentoo including myself. The two other
>>> users have identical and very limited rights. For me and one user flash
>>> in seamonkey works fine, for the other user it is blocked by seamonkey
>>> being 'insecure', although the seamonkey binary and the flash plugin
>>> (www-plugins/adobe-flash-11.2.202.637) are installed system-wide.
>>>
>>> I don't understand why the different behaviour, any suggestions?
>>>
>> Notice how I have two
>> versions of adobe-flash installed?  I don't think that is normal.  I
>> manually -C the older version and now youtube and such works fine.  It
>> now looks like this:
>>
>> You may want to see if two versions are installed at the same time.  It
>> appears that if it is, it tries to use the older version. Don't ask me
>> how two versions can be installed at the same time tho.  I dunno.  I
>> don't think it is supposed to do that for this package tho.  The command
>> I used is this:
>>
> I understood that the -11 is required for some (NPAPI whateverthatis)
> browsers including Firefox[1]. Actually I recently tried to remove -11
> from another system and mythbrowser stopped displaying flash. Anyway, I
> will try the suggestion with the seamonkey browser.
>
> raffaele
>
> [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Adobe_Flash

I have both Seamonkey and Firefox installed so I went to youtube with
them both.  Both played youtube videos fine here with just that last
version installed.

The reason it had two question marks there, that version is no longer in
the portage tree. Once I uninstalled it, it disappeared completely.

I hope it will fix your problem.  It seems you asking got me to fix mine
too.  ;-)

Dale

:-)  :-)