On Sat, Nov 12, 2016 at 11:20:06PM +0100, Bertram Scharpf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for a special job I need to do a piece of work in Microsofts
> PowerShell, but I have no Windows machine running. I know
> that there is a PowerShell for Linux because I have one
> installed on a Ubuntu. Yet, I do not want to shut down my
> Gentoo and boot Ubuntu every time when I have to try
> something in PowerShell. I would like to install it on
> Gentoo.

This is the perfect use case for running containers on your development
machine. Just set up lxc/lxd/docker on your gentoo machine and start up an
ubuntu container in any of the runtimes. Works flawlessly, and you don't
have to reboot or run a heavyweight VM. Lxc/lxd are more suitable for long
running containers, docker would be great for containers that you spin up
and tear down whenever you need.

Give it a try.