Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> writes:

> On Saturday 19 Nov 2016 08:54:53 Harry Putnam wrote:
>> After looking thru the portage man pages, the make.conf.example in
>> /usr/share/portage/config, and the `Portage log wiki' it still is not
>> clear to me how long elogs are kept if you use the `save' flag in
>> make.conf or not.
>>
>> I did see something about '7 days' but it was not clear if that is the
>> default and `save' over-rides it or what.  Or if there is another flag
>> that controls there duration...
>>
>> Can anyone throw light on that?
>
> If you have logrotate then its configuration and associated cron jobs will
> take
> care of that.

What I want to know is if the elog program will do something on its
own... I'm wanting to hang on to the logs a good while... I saw
something in my readings about the elog system about 7 days... was not
clear if that is a defalult or what.

So my fear was losing them even if I am logrotate at them in some
capacity. So I'm asking about inside the elog program... what happens
to the logs and when.