On 12/07/2016 11:01:16 PM, Bertram Scharpf wrote:
Hi,

arrgh! I just want to find a quick-start tutorial for
Virtualbox on Gentoo, but Google shows up loads of tutorials
for Gentoo in a Virtualbox. The Gentoo Wiki article's
"Usage" paragraph does not contain any usable information.

Does anybody have a hint for me?

I had similar problems when I used a version of Virtualbox which was "too old" for my kernel. I'd recommend using the very latest release of Virtualbox, e.g. 5.1.10, although I had problems with that on very recent kernels (4.9-rc*), so that I downgraded to version 5.1.8. Both version don't build/run correctly for these kernels without a patch which I have posted on my bug report.

My patched version seems to be stable on my new kernel and Windows 10.