On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 3:06 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Doesn't it strike you as curious

Not really.  :)

> 10s of harmless unit files (text), each less than one fs block?

Setting aside the core of this issue (which everybody has already gone
on about ad nauseum, myself included), I figured I'd point out that on
most modern filesystems very small text files don't actually use
blocks per-se, but instead they're stored in the inode or other
metadata records.  They have to be quite small to fit, but Linux
systems tend to have a lot of files that don't require an actual disk
block as a result and it can save quite a bit of space cumulatively.

--
Rich