Neil Bothwick wrote:

>>> I wouldn't want that.
>> To be more clear, it ASKS if you want to restart them.  If you don't,
>> you can hit "n" to skip restarting it.  For example, if you are in
>> Konsole running the command and it wants to restart the GUI, which would
>> kill your Konsole session and anything else not saved, then you can say
>> no and move on.  Later on, you can logout and restart or whatever.
> It's actually more intelligent than that. For most services it asks with
> a default response of Y, so you just hit enter. For services like the
> display manager or lognd, the default is N because of the disruption
> restarting those can cause.
>
>> Main point tho, it only asks you if you want to.  It doesn't blindly do
>> it.
> That#s only the default, as well as running interactively you can have it
> just list the services that need restarting (like checkrestart) or
> restart them automatically if you like to live dangerously ;-)

That's what I was pointing out.  It seemed Jorge was thinking it did
that without asking and by default.  I posted to make sure he knew it
didn't run wild on him if he wanted to try it.  As he pointed out in
another post, running as root can create havoc and running something the
first time as root can make one . . . nervous.  I haven't checked the
options yet but by default, it does ask and give the option to do
nothing.  I was hoping that would at least give Jorge some confidence to
try it.  He may not need it, but he might and not realize it yet.

Dale

:-)  :-)