On Mon, 30 Jan 2017 18:11:18 -0700, the...@sys-concept.com wrote:

> I got stuck on: dev-libs/boost-1.62.0-r1
>
> i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++: error: unrecognized command line option
> ‘-std=c++14’ ...failed updating 1 target...
>  * ERROR: dev-libs/boost-1.62.0-r1::gentoo failed (compile phase):
>  *   Building of Boost libraries failed
[snip]

> Is there a work around this error?

You could trawl through the log file, or you could add "--exclude
dev-libs/boost" to your emerge command to skip it for now. This looks
like you may need to update gcc first, but that shouldn't happen if you
updated @system first.

Anyway, boot isn't critical so skip it for now. Judicious use of
--exclude and --keep-going means you can ignore many of the errors that
may come your way until later - at which point subsequent updates may
have fixed them anyway.

--
Neil Bothwick

DCE seeks DTE for mutual exchange of data.