Hello,

I got the Asus UX310UA-FC089T with an i7-6500U wich seems to be almost
the same (given your specs, at least IO-seems the same), except the cpu
(mine is the previous generation). I have Gentoo running on it and would
say it is mostly functional.

I can boot with efi-manager/UEFI as bootloader and have no problems
using it as my daily driver. BUT I don't have configured any acpi-events
like brightness up/down or lid closed (mostly because I don't need them
that much and I had other stuff to do). For some of them I know they can
work, since I ran a Fedora 24 live-CD and at least brightness and
keyboard-backlighting worked, as well as the sound keys (tried Fedora 25
for like 10 minutes and they didn't seem to work there, might be wrong
on that).
I remember having trouble installing Gentoo on it, especially with the
trackpad, but I somehow got it working (as mentioned before Fedora 24
worked like a charm).
Sometimes the trackpad doesn't get recognised after boot, but it is very
rare and I usually don't notice, since most work is done in the
terminal. The Trackpad is if I remeber correctly connected via i2c.

Even if not everything works perfect out of the box, I think all
problems are solvable, the brightness and keyboard-lighting are both
adjustable with a script. If you need help with anything, or
want some more information on my laptop (to find differences or hints on
stuff you might not find) feel free to ask me. I'd like to help ;]

Regards,

Holger Wünsche