Hi all,
   I am trying to understand a bit initramfs and genkernel and I have
few (basic) questions.

I understand that one must have in the initramfs those modules which
are required to boot the system, for instance to access /dev . Now:

- can a module be present both in the initramfs and as kernel module
  in /lib/modules ?

- how does genkernel decide which modules to put in the initramfs ?

- can modules included in the initramfs be unloaded once the system is
  running, as  modprobe -r

- can modprobe load modules from the initramfs ?

Well, clearly I am a bit confused about the topic - I hope somebody
can help me a bit!

Thank you,
   Marco