On Mon, 20 Feb 2017 07:50:15 +0100, Raffaele Belardi wrote:

> I'd like to try and update a package I masked long time ago due to
> performance problems. Upstream the problem does not seem completely
> addressed and solved so I'd like to be able to go back to the old
> version just in case. But the old version is no longer in the tree. If
> I quickpkg it will I be able to reinstall it anyway?

Yes, by passing the path to the package to emerge. But this is considered
experimental, a safer solution is to copy the ebuild to a local overlay.
The ebuilds for all installed packages are in /var/db/pkg.

--
Neil Bothwick

I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards. I got a full
house and four people died.