On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 7:06 PM, Corbin Bird <corbinb...@charter.net> wrote:

> Will act on the ( lawyer, deposit ) suggestions. And a new e-mail provider.

Good luck with that...

Honestly, I think a lawyer is a waste of money here.  If you're in the
USA these sorts of arrangements are completely commonplace.  It also
is common to put nonsense like "you can't talk to the FCC" in
contracts, though you can basically just ignore that sort of thing.

In any case, in the end the ISP is going to make a unilateral decision
about whether they're willing to bend any of their rules for you, and
if you don't like their decision your only options are internet or no
internet.

Yeah, it is stupid, but that's life in the USA.  By all means talk to
your elected representative.  Or, better still, contribute $100k to
their re-election campaign as that will get you a lot further.  Be
prepared to outbid the ISP who no doubt has already made a nice
contribution.  We can all commiserate about how lousy this is, but
you're wasting your time+money if you think you're going to win some
kind of legal battle with them.

--
Rich