Hi guy,

Am Mittwoch, 15. März 2017, 14:24:10 CET schrieb Danny YUE:
> Hi guys,
>
> I just got Steam installed and running successfully on my machine,
> and tried to get CS:GO running smoothly, which made me really happy :-D
nice to hear, have fun with that!

> However when Steam is downloading games, the speed is extremely slow,
> down to several KB/s, even some bytes/s.
> I have already installed dnsmasq and it *was* good during downloading
> CS:GO (~4MB/s), but became slow again with Civilization V.
>
> I googled a lot but all point to installing dnsmasq, which I don't think
> is really helpful since I already have done that...
Just installing dnsmasq doesn’t change anything, and just starting it does
neither. I *assume* you did set it up as a local DNS cache, but please provide
some information about it:
- the source of the information, i.e. link to the page
- your setup:
        * dnsmasq config
        * /etc/resolv.conf
        * other configs you think that matter here

> Also I'm sure downloading region is correct.
>
> Anybody experienced the same issue with dnsmasq installed?
> Any clue is welcome and thanks in advance.
>

> Danny

Nils

--
GPG fingerprint: '00EF D31F 1B60 D5DB ADB8  31C1 C0EC E696 0E54 475B'
Nils Freydank