On Sat, 2005-10-08 at 21:08 -0400, bruce harding wrote:
> I've got 2 sticks of Kingston HyperX 3200 DDR Registered & ECC.  Is it
> possible that this if I ran memtest86+ for 2 days straight and found no
> error that the memory could still be defective?
>
> I ask because I can't get a complete compile of glibc.  I have to
> restart the process at lease 3 times before the compile will complete.
>

> Let me know what you think.
> --
> bruce

That was my issue.  I had exactly the same problem when I assembling
together AMD64.  It took me one week to investigate.  Memorytest86 pass
all the test and the system was still crashing when I was compiling for
a longer time.  So in other words Memorytest86 it is not worth the disk
space it occupies.

Look on Google for another test called: memtest.sh from RedHat and run
it.
In my case it was memory issue.  I got a new pair of stick and the
problem went away.

--
#Joseph