No.
Starting mpv as root "fixes" the problem...so it is
a permission problem (see my second mail). But mpv
does not complain about missing permissions and plays
the file....after 5 seconds (when used as unpriveledged
user).

I am member of group "video" though and -- for example -- Blender
gets full access to video infrastructure without problems...