OK, I know life moves on, but this move has been a retrograde step for me.  My
konqueror:5 recently updated seems to have a number of problems and <aheam!>
features I am not happy with.  Grateful for any pointers to address these.  In
no particular order.

1. The Bookmarks Toolbar will *always* show up when launching Konqueror.  I
deselect Settings/Toolbars Shown/Bookmark Toolbar and relaunch the
application, only to find out my deselection will not stick.

2. The menu shows no icons, only text; buttons like open new tab/close current
tab show no icons, making difficult to guess.

3. When used as a file manager Konqueror will only open directories or files
if I double click on them.  I have set up in systemsettings5 Hardware/Input
Devices/Mouse/Single click to open files and folders.  Konqueror ignores it.

4. All my years of Bookmarks of Konqueror:4 gone.  I had to import them
manually.

5. Network places, gone.

6. Left hand Panels with Places/Devices/Folders ain't thaa'r.

7. Konqueror Introduction page, no icons; unless I hover over them,
hyperlinked titles shown in dark grey over a blue background.  I know my eye
sight is not as good as it used to be, but this is really akin to usability
sabotage.

The are probably more problems I have not captured above, but my experience of
konqueror:5 is that of crippleware.  I don't know if this has anything to do
with it, I am not running konqueror on a full plasma desktop, but as a stand
alone application.  Have you observed similar?

--
Regards,
Mick