Hi Neil,

thank you for your email!!! :)

On 04/19 08:46, Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Apr 2017 05:00:39 +0200, tu...@posteo.de wrote:
>
> > Is "lmodern.sty" included in a package, which is named
> > totallu different for Gentoo?

> Yes
>
> % qfile -b lmodern.sty
> dev-texlive/texlive-fontsrecommended
> (/usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/lm/lmodern.sty)

Oh, DAMN! I know that command...but I forgot for a moment, that I know
it. Sorry....need more coffee...especially in the morning.
Thanks a lot!

> > Why is that missing?
> > What is the clean way to provide pandoc with lmodern.sty
>
> If that is the file pandoc needs, you should file a bug that pandoc should
> depend on dev-texlive/texlive-fontsrecommended

...it depends...
It is not needed as a library woyld be missed (and the executable
doesn not start at all) -- it is only needed if one wants to create
pdfs as a result of the conversation.

So may be -- if not already done -- adding the use flag "pdf" to
pandoc should result in also emerging dev-texlive/texlive-fontsrecommended
then...

> --
> Neil Bothwick
>
> The computer revolution is over. The computers won.

Cheers
Meino