On 05/15/2017 12:58 AM, Ian Zimmerman wrote:

The 990FX / 790FX Chipset doesn't have a GART / AGP Aperature or IOMMU
in it.  The CPU contains the original K8 IOMMU ( v1 ) engineered /
converted from a GART.

The 8 and 9 series (not 7) does have an IOMMU, AMD-Vi v1.26.

I have two 890 series (but the server flavor - SR5690 chipset) boards with an IOMMU and it works great, I play games in a VM with an attached graphics card on my libre firmware KGPE-D16 and devices are DMA restricted.

Most consumer boards don't properly implement this feature, in fact I have never seen one that did which is why I bought my coreboot (libre init variant) D16. It wouldn't be that difficult to port coreboot to your board if you want this to work FYI.