On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 4:52 AM, Nikos Chantziaras <rea...@gmail.com> wrote:

> VMWare Workstation stopped working on ~amd64. And I don't know which of
> the updated packages broke it. Before I start reverting all emerges I made
> in the last 20 days or so (it's a BIG list according to qlop), has someone
> already figured out what broke it?
>
> When I say "stopped working", I mean nothing happens:
>
>   $ vmware
>   $
>
> (No output. Doesn't start.)
>
> If I enable the "bundled-libs" USE flag, I get:
>
>   $ vmware
>   Loop on signal 11
>
>   $
>
> And nothing happens after that error message.

There's two hacks i use to make workstation run on ~amd64;
cp /lib64/libz.so.1 to /opt/vmware/lib/vmware/lib/libz.so.1/

And
unset VMWARE_USE_SHIPPED_LIBS && vmware &

I am under the impression that i needed +bundled-libs with the unset
VMWARE_USE_SHIPPED_LIBS.but that seems counter intuitive so would be worth
checking.