the...@sys-concept.com wrote:
> On 05/24/2017 07:23 PM, Dale wrote:
>> the...@sys-concept.com wrote:
>>> I only get this error when try to open the file with Gnumeric.
>>> LibraOffice is reading the file/spreadsheet OK, though slow.
>>>
>>> When I hit OK I can Gnumeric can read the file OK.
>>> I went through the spreadsheet (deleted some) but still getting same
>>> error with Gnumeric.
>> Just a thought.  Does this happen with only one file or any file created
>> the same way?  If it's just one file, could it be that the file is
>> somehow corrupted?  Maybe export then import it and save it as a new
>> name and test?
>>
>> Just a thought.
>>
>> Dale
>>
>> :-)  :-)
> Thanks Dale, it was an excellent idea.
> Exporting/saving the spreadsheet file as MS xls solved the problem.
>
> When I open the file again with Gnumeric it pointed out an error, to one
> particular spreadsheet cell (specifically some http link).
>
> I save it back as "ods" extension and all errors are gone (fixed).
> With Gnumeric I've noticed that the same file with xls - extension
> (107kb files size) is much faster to open than ods (56kb size).
>
> --
> Thelma

And to think, I thought about not posting my thoughts because it sort of
sounded silly.  One would think if it was corrupt;  it wouldn't open at
all, give some serious error that points to the problem or something
else obvious.  Guess not.  I guess bit rot causes odd things to happen.
;-)

It seems anytime I am considering unsubscribing from Gentoo mailing
lists, I help someone which wants me want to hang around a while longer.

Glad it helped.

Dale

:-)  :-)