On 2017-06-15, Ian Zimmerman <i...@primate.net> wrote:

> Another option (Android only, of course) is the adb program in
> android-tools package.  I prefer it over MTP (independent of
> implementation issues) because it gives me file-level view of the
> device, rather than dealing in "pictures" and "songs".

This is not the first time I've seen somebody mention this "songs and
pictures" stuff. I don't understand.  When I use mtpfs to mount my
Android devices, a "file-level view" is exactly what I get: I see the
device's root directory and everything underneath it the exact same
way I would if it were a USB-storage device.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Gee, I feel kind of
                                  at               LIGHT in the head now,