Hi.

I'm fighting already days the problem of "/dev/dri/card0 -- no such
file" (old AGP card, NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440) -- as x-server states in
its log file.

I have installed my system w/ hardened profile, it's being 32bit-system,
and then added x-programs to use it as desktop (i didn't install desktop
profile). Also, i didn't notice, that i set up testing version of the
distro (~86), and now want not to recompile all it to turn to stable
(86).

The problem lays -- as i suppose -- in the kernel configuration that
does not create the /dev/dri/card0 device, required by x-server. I
exhausted all my ideas on which options to turn on to make it create
the device. I even compiled the general kernel -- but it was not
sufficient for that too.

So, do you have any idea on which kernel's configuration option lets
kernel to create such a device?

Thank you for your time,
Sthu.