On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 6:06 PM, Andrés Becerra Sandoval
<andres.bece...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It says that the microarchitecture is apollo-lake.
>
> What would be the proper march configuration for this box?

Per the GCC documentation, here are the options you can pass to -march
(described under the section for -mtune):

https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.5.3/gcc/i386-and-x86_002d64-Options.html
https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-6.1.0/gcc/x86-Options.html
https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-7.1.0/gcc/x86-Options.html

Surprisingly it was hard to find this page of the documentation, even
knowing what I was looking for.

You should also refer to the Wiki documentation for -march, found
here: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/GCC_optimization#-march.

Specifically I need to point out the use of cpuinfo2cpuflags-x86. If
you are finding it hard to find the corresponding -march/-mtune
setting for your processor by name, you may need to select an
equivalent setting by looking at the features your CPU supports. You
can also ask the list.

R0b0t1.