On 2017-07-20 06:25, R0b0t1 <r03...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 1:20 AM, Danny YUE <sheepd...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Match compilation and USE flags.

>>> You should be able to mix crossdev compiled packages freely with
>>> device compiled ones. Incompatible packages will be ignored and it
>>> will try to recompile a package with matching flags, so pay attention.
>>> If you need to compile something on device then I suspect you want to
>>> use distcc if at all possible.
>>>
>> Thanks for your reply. :-)
>>
>> Well, yes. But do you know how is distcc compared with chroot referring
>> to compilation speed?
>>

> Using qemu-user to emulate the target architecture and hosting the
> system in a chroot is generally slower than compiling on device, if
> that is what you are referring to. I've read of people who tested this
> with the RPi3 and some Hardkernel devices.

Oops, really?
I have read of this point of view, too.
But the Wiki page says that it is faster than native compilation on RPI.

To be honest, I prefer to compile using crossdev...

Ok then, I will try re-setup crossdev on my PC and see if everything
compiles well. If not, I will post the error message here.

Thanks.