On Mon, Aug 07, 2017 at 03:46:50PM +0100, Mick wrote

> >   I did manage to get the video game transferred with tftp, after a bit
> > of extra work.  I don't know if it's the old OS/2 Warp tftp client, or
> > part of the protocol, but it can only transfer files up to 33553920
> > bytes in size, i.e. 32 * 1024 * 1024 - 512 bytes.  32 megabytes looks
> > like some sort of coded-in limit.  I had to do the transfer in pieces
> > less than 32 megabytes.  I still want to get anonymous ftp working.
>

> Sounds obvious, but did you try using a different client to connect
> to the ftp server anonymously and see what you get?

  I originally tried with the ancient OS/2 Warp ftp client from inside
the QEMU VM.  Then I switched to testing the connection with net-ftp/ftp
from the Gentoo machine hosting the QEMU VM.  The Gentoo client gives
more verbose error messages, but fails just like the ancient OS/2 Warp
ftp client.

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>