On 2017-08-09 02:35, John Covici wrote:

> whoosh was looking for
>     raise DistributionNotFound(req, requirers)
>     pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: The 'sphinxcontrib-websupport'
>     distribution was not found and is required by Sphinx
>     So, I emerged that, but I had to use --nodeps because it wanted
>     whoosh first, and after doing that I was able to emerge whoosh.  Very
>     nuts.

Ah, but the dep of whoosh on sphinx is conditional:

DEPEND="
        dev-python/setuptools[${PYTHON_USEDEP}]
        doc? ( dev-python/sphinx )
        test? ( dev-python/pytest[${PYTHON_USEDEP}] )"

So, bug #627244 is relevant after all.

I don't have doc in make.conf, so it should just work for me [murmurs a
belief-neutral invocation/]