On Monday, 21 August 2017 11:35:44 BST Ralph Seichter wrote:
> On 21.08.2017 08:08, Neil Bothwick wrote:
> > Ah, so silentoldconfig is effectively the same as old config.
>
> Silentoldconfig is quite a useful make target, since it only asks about
> newly introduced kernel options.

... and it also takes account of dependencies without asking.  The difference
between the two is that silentoldconfig does not display any other modules on
the screen other than those new entries for which user input is required.

I prefer oldconfig because it helps me orientate myself down the kernel tree,
by looking at modules preceding the new entries.
--
Regards,
Mick