On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 02:17:07PM +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:

> > > Now that's definitely wrong. I have no users other than myself, but I do
> > > appear in the user manager. I do have to give the root password to save
> > > any changes I make, though, which is only natural.
> >
> > […] All I could do is add a new user, which is not something I would
> > like to do.
> >
> > Can you please confirm if you are running systemd with your Plasma
> > installation?
>
> No, just good old openrc.

I’m on openrc, too, and my user details dialog only shows “New user”.
Neither my own account nor the guest account that I added a few days back
is visible. Clicking on the [+] at the bottom has no effect at all.

Starting system settings from the terminal prints one line:
log_user_manager: "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown" "The name
org.freedesktop.login1 was not provided by any .service files"
Not sure though whether that’s related.
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.

“Wow!  That lightning sounded clo... zzzit!” -- NO CARRIER --