> On Monday, 18 September 2017 14:13:44 BST Francisco Ares wrote:
>
> > After days and days struggling,
>
> I know what you mean. I've spent weeks wrestling with KMail. That included
> losing e-mails, falling behind in conversations and so on.
>
> > I finally upgraded to the newest stable kernel and updated every package
> > with a "emerge -e", just in case, twice! Then, rebuilt the kernel again.
> >
> > So, like a charm, everything got back to work as before.
>
> My technique in such cases is to emerge @system, then recompile the kernel,
> reboot on it and emerge -e world --exclude="gcc gentoo-sources". Seems to
> have worked out all right so far. You could omit the exclusion if you're
> even more paranoid than KMail has made me.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Peter.

Hi, Peter.

Thank you for your experience.  In fact, as an "emerge -e" is quite
automatic, and I could let the system alone a whole weekend, I didn't worry
(nor had the time) to do it in parts to try to figure out which one would
succeed, in special because on the following monday it just _should_ be
working, or the launch of the new program version would be delayed (for
who-knows how much time) and would put my neck at risk ;-).

Best Regards,
Francisco